Space Base Defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Space Base Defense

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Any tips for a Noob how to set up their Space Defenses? It would seem placement is a very vital part of defending. I have seen a wide array of styles. In my attacks I have found that the bases with defenses clustered near the SS With overlapping weapon "range fields" seems to be the most effective based off my losses.

On the other hand I've seen bases where the defenses were scattered all around the map to hopefully keep the enemy ships busy while they ran out of rounds and lost.

I've seen where a leveled up player had a mere 4 Meteor Stars to lvl 8 in the center of each side. this keep all my ships running all around the map edge costing me huge rounds. Because they had no other defenses other than their SS, I rounded out very early.

Any advice on "the Best Setup"

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://oldschoolforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Base Defense

Post  DirkTheDaring on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Those all work. Mine is a little different.

It is set up utilizing an old glitch that unless you set your ships to attack planet defenses then they go for the ships first.

I have a set of tanks in the middle and meteor stars 10 squares out so that the attacker can't get range on my ships and as they are stuck trying to get to the tanks they get pummeled by the defenses.

It may not work anymore but I have seen it done to me.
DirkTheDaring

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top